October has arrived and soon it will be Halloween. As always, we will be doing some Halloween themed printable worksheets this month, but one thing new, that we are going to be doing is making Glow in the dark slime! Perfect for 5th grade Science 🙂 Making Glow in the dark slime is Fun for the kids and very quick and easy to do.
Approximate Time: 20 minutes
• 1 – 4 oz bottle of clear or blue gel Elmer’s glue
• 1 cup warm water
• 2-3 Tbsp. glow-in-the-dark paint
• neon green food coloring
• 2 tsp. borax
• 1/3 cup warm water
• You will also need something to store your slime in.
1. First mix together the Elmer’s glue and the 1 cup of warm water.
2. Stir in the paint and food coloring.
3. In a separate small bowl, mix together the 1/3 cup warm water, and 2 teaspoons of borax. *Stir until the borax is dissolved.
4. Next you will add about 2 tablespoons of the borax solution, to the glue solution. *The more borax you add, the stiffer the slime will be. The less borax solution you add, the more runny your slim will be .
Voila! Green glow-in-the-dark slime!
*Instruction’s courtesy of www.thriftyfun.com* “Making Slime for Kids.” ThriftyFun. N.p., n.d. Web. 01 Oct. 2014.